Libby was spoiled to have two of her favorite people make a trip out to meet her (Jim & I were spoiled by their visits, too). My mom flew out 12 days after Libby was born -- we aren't sure how we survived the first few days without her. For 10 days, she was a huge help; she cooked all my favorite meals, cleaned up our clutter, changed poopy diapers, and basically didn't stop cuddling Libby for the whole time she was here. It was so nice to get some extra sleep knowing that Libby was in Grandma's arms. We didn't venture out of the house much, but one day we did manage to make it shopping; of course Libby got a few new dresses and some other treats! No matter how old I get, the saying "I want my mommy!" will always ring true. It was reassuring to hear from an experienced mom that I was doing at least a few things the right way. And it was wonderful to see how much love my mom already has for her first grandchild! We wished she could have been here for her granddaughter's birth, but this was second best. Libby can't wait to see her Grandma again in a couple months!
Auntie Lindsay flew out from Chicago two days before my mom went home, which meant the four of us girls (plus Jim) got to spend some time together for the first time since October. That was quite special for me, as I was a little homesick over the holidays. Libby was the youngest, smallest baby Linds had ever been around so it took a day or two for her to realize that she couldn't be broken. While auntie didn't change any poopy diapers (next time, Linds!) she went grocery shopping, made many great meals, provided lots of sister time, and of course also never put Libby down. Libby sure loves her Auntie Lindsay!

Mommies are the best. xo
ReplyDelete